Forum of the Third Paradise: Video roomBack
A BRIEF GUIDE
Here you will find notes, questions, ideas to guide your engagement with the resources offered in the Video Room. They can be used as a map to navigate the material, and/or as starting points for group/class discussions and activities.
This Video Room is conceived as a reference point for the project. Feel free to watch the videos before Module 2 (26 May 2021), and come back to them any time you want – to get inspired, to give direction to your research, to see how your ideas fit into the bigger picture, etc.
What will we discover in these videos?
- The art and career of Michelangelo Pistoletto
- The meaning and implications of ‘doing art outside the studio’
- Projects by Pistoletto and Cittadellarte that involve a variety of communities with a diverse range of goals
- In what ways the Arts Learning Festival (and you!) fit within these goals.
Why are they useful?
- To understand the general context in which we will work together, and to prepare for Module 2
- To have an introduction to the methodologies we will be using
- To reflect on the specific contributions we can offer with our work and involvement
- To feel that we are part of a wider, global network of people who work, create and engage with ideas of sustainability
After the videos: What questions can we ask ourselves?
- Does art need to be beautiful? Does it need to be useful? Why?
- What does it mean that ‘art is a form of research’?
- Art communicates a message: can it also ‘practice’ that message? Not just advocating for change, but being and embodying that very change?
- What role does art have in imagining and building a sustainable future? Can you think about some examples?
Michelangelo Pistoletto on the Third Paradise (subtitled)
TEDxMilano, 7 June 2012
Michelangelo Pistoletto Solo Show
Galleria Continua, 6 December 2013
Michelangelo Pistoletto’s Ground-breaking Art
Bloomberg, 4 October 2017
Michelangelo Pistoletto and Germano Celant discuss “Ileana Sonnabend and Arte Povera”
Lévy Gorvy, 27 November 2017
The Art of Demopraxy
Cittadellarte, 23 January 2019
Terzo Paradiso, Cittadellarte, Demopraxia
Cittadellarte, 5 February 2019
- What Cittadellarte is
- Cittadellarte journal
- Geographies of change
- UN Sustainable Development Goals
- UNESCO Creative Cities Network: Melbourne
- UNESCO Creative Cities Network: Biella